A story that became a revolution.
mytaxi was founded by Niclaus Mewes and Sven Külper in June 2009. With mytaxi they guided the taxi market to the 21th century and redefined it completely. With over 10 million downloads and 100,000 taxi drivers, mytaxi is the leading e-hailing app in Europe, available in over 50 cities within 9 European countries. We provide the direct connection between passenger and driver. Our vision: Create everyday magic in city movement.
As a subsidiary of Daimler, our plan is to expand and revolutionise the taxi market. Currently, mytaxi has over 300 highly motivated and extremely talented employees who are helping to create simple, data and technology driven solutions for the future.
Since September 2014 mytaxi is a subsidiary of the Daimler AG. This represents a groundbreaking step to the vision of being Europe´s largest and most successful taxi-app. In 2016, a merger with the UK based e-hailing company Hailo was fulfilled. The new company is operating under the brand mytaxi and its HQ is located in Hamburg. New CEO is Andrew Pinnington.
- June 2009: Foundation of mytaxi
- Until May 2011: Launch of mytaxi in 6 German major cities
- August 2011: mytaxi Vienna as first international market
- 2011/12: Launch Barcelona and Warsaw
- July 2012: Implementation of Mobile Payment
- October 2012: Launch Madrid
- March 2013: Enlargement of Mobile Payment
- August 2013: Launch mytaxi Delivery
- February 2014: New pricing model
- September 2014: 100 percent takeover by Daimler AG and launch of Krakow
- April 2015: Launch Valencia, Sevilla, Milano, Lisbon, Gdansk and Stockholm
- 2016: Integration of Google Maps as well as the voice control tools Alexa and Siri
- July 2016: Merger with Hailo and expansions of our locations by London and Dublin
Data and facts
Mytaxi was not only the first taxi app worldwide but is also the market leader in taxi apps with 100,000 connected cars and 10 million downloads. Meanwhile, mytaxi is available in more than 50 cities in Europe, including large cities as London, Dublin, Berlin, Hamburg, Vienna, Barcelona, Madrid, Milano or Warsaw.
- Business name: mytaxi (Intelligent Apps GmbH)
- Foundation: June 2009
- Headquarter: Hamburg
- Management board: Andrew Pinnington (former CEO of Hailo)
- Employees: approx. 300 employees
- Parent Company: Daimler AG